3 egg yolks
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 cup lemon juice or cider vinegar
2 to 2-1/2 cups of salad oil
1. Cool lemon juice or vinegar in the refrigerator for 1 hour
2. Place egg yolks, salt, sugar, mustard and pepper in a mixing bowl
3. Beat or whisk the above ingredients at low speed initially (an electric mixer is better)
4. Start adding the oil at a very fine stream while increasing the speed of the mixer until creamy
5. Add lemon juice or vinegar gradually while continuously beating until thick
6. Fill in cool clean glass bottles with plastic lids. Remove air pockets by inserting a clean table knife
7. Use as required.
The mayonnaise will keep for weeks in the refrigerator.