Hototay is one of the favourites among emanila members. A very easy to prepare dish.
1/4 cup, oil
1 pc, onion
125 gms, pork kasim cut into strips
3/4 cup (75 gms), peeled shrimps
3/4 cup (75 gms), fishballs halved
10 cups, broth (choice of beef, chicken and pork stock
5 pcs, dried Chinese mushrooms soaked and sliced
1 pc, carrot sliced into strips
1/4 cup (30 gms), chicharo
3/4 cups (75 gms), sliced pork liver
2 teaspoons, salt
1-1/2 tbsps, oyster sauce
1 teaspoon, pepper
1/2 head, Chinese pechay
3 stalks, green onions cut 1″ (2.5cm) long
1. SautÃ© onions, pork, shrimps and fishballs.
2. Pour in broth and let boil.
3. Add mushrooms, carrots, chicharo and pork liver. Cook for 3 minutes then season with salt, oyster sauce and pepper.
4. Remove from heat then add pechay and spring onions.
5. Right before dishing out break eggs directly into soup and stir a little.