2-3 tbsp. oil
3 potatoes, peeled, quartered and fried
1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, quartered
1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
3 tbsp. curry powder
salt and pepper
1 cup water
1 red bell pepper, cut into big squares
1 green bell pepper, cut into big squares
3 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2” long
1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
1. Pan fry potatoes. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, fry chicken pieces and brown a little.
3. Add garlic and onion. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
4. Pour in patis and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat; add celery, bell peppers and fried potatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes or until half done.
6. Add milk and stir occasionally. Cook for another 7 minutes (or lesser when using evaporated milk because the liquids will curled).
7. Remove from heat. Serve hot.