Serves 6 – 8
2 cups washed rice
3 crabs, cooked and flaked
1/2 large prawns, cooked and shelled
1/2 kg chicken-thigh cutlets or chicken chops
10 clams, well scrubbed and washed
2 beef stock cubes mixed with 4 cups of water
2 medium onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
4 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
1 green capsicum, cut into strips
1 red capsicum, cut into strips
1 teaspoon paprika or saffron
1/4 cup cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. SautÃ©` garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. Add chicken; season with salt and pepper; cook until tender.
3. Add 1 cup of stock; bring to a boil and add clams.
4. Cook for 3 minutes; remove clams and set aside for garnishing.
5. Add washed rice; stir and add remaining beef stock.
6. Boil until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice; if necessary add more liquid to cook the rice thoroughly.
7. Cover mixture and turn heat to low.
8. Stir mixture 2 or 3 times to keep it from scorching.
9. Add crab meat and paprika or saffron when rice is thoroughly cooked and stir until well mixed.
10. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with strips of red and green capsicum, sliced hard-boiled eggs, clams and cooked prawns.